Friday 11 November 2016

What Do These 4 Ladies Have In Common?

They each have received significant awards recently.














Lorna King, whose poetry elicits a variety of emotions, launches PRIDE's new "Poetry Soapbox". She is also a former President of P.A.C.E. (Canada).
The complete poem can be viewed online at
pridenews.ca/2016/09/01/poetry-forum-carding/




Congratulations to P.A.C.E. member, Nadine Spencer, recipient of the Philantrophist of the Year Award from the Brilliant Minded Women organization.

As she explains "In April, I was the recipient of the Harry Jerome Business Award, and in June I received the Junior League Award of Excellence. I was also honored as one of the 100 Accomplished Canadian Businesswomen, and nominated to be one of the women at the Women’s Summit. Finally, I was nominated by the Brilliant Minded Women’s Organization for the Philanthropist of the Year Award. For me, this was a wonderful honor, as I have dedicated so much of my time an energy to my work with women’s education and uplifting the impoverished.. These awards have helped me to further these very important causes".



Hon. Mitzie Hunter receives the 2016 Martin Luther King, Jr. Legacy Award, presented by Afroglobal Television's Excellence Awards program.






The 2016 Diamond Book Award goes to ... Cynthia Reyes for her memoir, An Honest House.








No comments:

Post a Comment